The CEV (Confédération Européenne de Volleyball) and the VELUX Group have entered a title sponsorship agreement for the forthcoming 2013 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in Denmark and Poland.
It promises to be a humdinger of an event when the best volleyball players in Europe play the Championship matches in Poland and Denmark from 20 to 29 September 2013. And the recently entered sponsorship agreement with the VELUX Group can give the European Championship a totally different dimension.
“We are extremely pleased with the partnership we have entered with the VELUX Group especially since this company has a long experience in sponsoring major sports events that have regularly turned into a terrific success” says CEV President André Meyer.
“Via this sponsorship agreement we feel even more confident that the EuroVolley 2013 in Denmark and Poland will raise the profile of the European Championship to unprecedented heights thereby setting the tone also for the next editions in the years to come”.
The CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men will be played from 20 to 29 September 2013 in Poland and Denmark. TV rights are expected to be sold to approximately 100 countries.
New name for tournament
The VELUX Group’s sponsorship imposes a change in the official denomination of Europe’s premiere Volleyball event which from today onwards will bear the name “2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round”.
The VELUX Group, which is already title sponsor of VELUX EHF Champions League in handball, is delighted to be able to sponsor yet another international sporting event.
“Volleyball is hugely popular in many of our key markets. The sponsorship of the CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men in 2013 is a wonderful opportunity to expand our sponsorship portfolio with a sport that is energetic, passionate and one of the most widely-played sports in the world,” says Michael K. Rasmussen, Marketing Director of the VELUX Group.
The volleyball sponsorship will run from now until the European Championship comes to an end on 29 September 2013.
About CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, Final Round
• Matches will be played in both Poland and Denmark on a co-host basis. The tournament will end in Denmark, with the semi-finals and finals being played in Parken, the Danish national stadium in Copenhagen.
• Serbia is currently European Champion and Russia Olympic Champion.
• Group A, matches to be played in Odense, Denmark, consists of Denmark, Italy, Belarus and the winner of the play-off between Greece and Belgium.
• Group B, matches to be played in Gdansk, Poland, consists of France, Slovakia, Poland and the winner of the play-off between Turkey and Latvia.
• Group C, matches to be played in Herning, Denmark, consists of Serbia, Finland, the Netherlands and the winner of the play-off between Croatia and Slovenia.
• Group D, matches to be played in Gdynia, Poland, consists of Russia, Germany, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
• The CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship can be followed at cev.lu and eurovolley2013.dk
About the VELUX Group
The VELUX Group creates better living environments with daylight and fresh air through the roof. The VELUX product programme contains a wide range of roof windows and skylights, along with solutions for flat roofs. The Group also supplies many types of decoration and sun screening, roller shutters, installation products, products for remote control and thermal solar collectors for installation in roofs. The VELUX Group, which has manufacturing companies in 11 countries and sales companies in just under 40 countries, represents one of the strongest brands in the global building materials sector and its products are sold in most parts of the world. The VELUX Group has about 10,000 employees and is owned by VKR Holding A/S, a limited company wholly owned by foundations and family. For more details, visit www.velux.com.
Press materials at VELUX Media Center
View and download our news footage, photos and press materials at VELUX Media Center: press.velux.com. Click here to subscribe to the VELUX newsfeed.
Follow us on twitter.com/velux and facebook.com/velux
For further information, please contact:
Thomas Overholt Hansen
Media Relations Manager
The VELUX Group
Mobile: +45 20 59 74 09
Confédération Européenne de Volleyball
Phone: +352-25 46 46 37