The men’s 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship is approaching quickly. Today there are 100 days to the Final Round in Denmark and Poland begins. Fans from 31 countries around the world have bought tickets to the historic Final Four Weekend in Parken Stadium.
Sport fans in general and volley fans in particular can await a genuine treat when VELUX EuroVolley2013 begins the 20th of September. The very best of European volleyball will fight for gold medals in six fantastic arenas, and with 100 days to the first blue and yellow volleyball is served, the Managing Director of the local Organizing Committee in Denmark rounds gives a status:
“For us the countdown began long time ago. Since October 2010 where it was clear that we were going to co-host the championship together with Poland, we have worked focused toward the 20th of September 2013. Of course we have had a natural focus on selling tickets, as we want to make VELUX EuroVolley2013 a great party for both players and fans. The interest has been great and fans from 31 countries have already bought tickets to the historic Final Four Weekend in Parken Stadium in Copenhagen in Denmark,” says Mads Bang Aaen.
Not only a fight for gold
Besides the focus on selling tickets, the Danish hosts have planned more than 40 side events all over the country. The side events shall expand the interest for volleyball in Denmark so more people will play after the championship.
“We have just held some huge school tournaments where a class from each of the four host cities Herning, Odense, Aarhus and Copenhagen in Denmark get the opportunity to qualify for a final round in Copenhagen the same weekend as the professionals are playing in Parken. They will of course also get tickets to the final. Furthermore we arrange a great and free tournament in a nearby public park the same weekend as the Final Four is being played. We hope, that the fans coming to Copenhagen will play volleyball themselves in the morning and then watch the finals in the afternoon,” says Mads Bang Aaen.
Watch the video “The easy way to VELUX EuroVolley2013” here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KH6HNfYgg8
Facts about the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men
• Denmark and Poland co-host the championship. Both countries have two preliminary pools with four nations in each. Semi-finals and the final are played in Denmark.
• It is the first time that both nations host a European Championship.
• The European Volleyball Championship takes place from the 20th of September to the 29th of September 2013.
• The arenas in Denmark are: Odense (Arena Fyn), Herning (Boxen), Aarhus (NRGi Arena) and Copenhagen (Parken).
• The arenas in Poland are: Gdansk (Ergo Arena) and Gdynia (Sports Hall).
• VELUX is title sponsor of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men.
• The Danish partners for the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship are: Sport Event Denmark, Odense, Herning, Aarhus and Copenhagen.
• Serbia is defending European Champions.
• Russia is ruling Olympic Champions.
• Qualified countries: Denmark and Poland are qualified as host nations. Serbia, Italy, Russia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Belgium and Turkey.
• Web: www.eurovolley2013.dk
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/eurovolley2013
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/eurovolley2013 #ev2013
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/eurovolleyball2013
• Buy tickets here: https://volleyball.www2.dk/