There are now less than a month to the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men Begins.
The 28th and 29th of September the eyes of the volleyball world will tune in on Parken – the Danish national football stadium. For the first time ever the stadium will be transformed into a volleyball arena, when the new kings of European volleyball will be crowned here at VELUX EuroVolley 2013. An animated movie shows the way to make it there.
But the Final Four Weekend will be about much more than ‘just’ volleyball. The local Danish organizers hope that the fans, from the 31 countries that have bought ticket to Parken Stadium, will have a party in the capital of Denmark.
“We want to make the Final Four Weekend of VELUX EuroVolley2013 a volleyball party for all of Europe. We made the animated movie to show how easy it is to come and watch all the matches and be part of the great celebration of European volleyball,” says Mads Bang Aaen, Director of the local Organizing Committee.
The animated movie has been translated into Danish, English, Serbian, Slovakian, Czech, German, Polish, French, Dutch, Italian, Finnish, Slovenian, and Russian. And the last versions are on its way.
“We want to make sure that as many people as possible know that it is easy to go to VELUX EuroVolley 2013 and get to Odense, Herning, Aarhus, Gdansk, Gdynia and Copenhagen from all over Europe. And it is important that people know that Copenhagen has everything from five star hotels to hostels and camp sites, so everybody can come and enjoy the historic Final Four Weekend in Parken,” adds Mr. Aaen.
Watch your version of “The easy way to eurovolley2013” here: http://www.youtube.com/eurovolleyball2013
Facts about the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men
• Denmark and Poland co-host the championship. Both countries have two preliminary pools with four nations in each. Semi-finals and the final are played in Denmark.
• It is the first time that both nations host a European Championship.
• The European Volleyball Championship takes place from the 20th of September to the 29th of September 2013.
• The arenas in Denmark are: Odense (Arena Fyn), Herning (Boxen), Aarhus (NRGi Arena) and Copenhagen (Parken).
• The arenas in Poland are: Gdansk (Ergo Arena) and Gdynia (Sports Hall).
• VELUX is title sponsor of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men.
• The Danish partners for the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship are: Sport Event Denmark, Odense, Herning, Aarhus and Copenhagen.
• Serbia is defending European Champions.
• Russia is ruling Olympic Champions.
• Qualified countries: Denmark and Poland are qualified as host nations. Serbia, Italy, Russia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Belgium and Turkey.
• Web: www.eurovolley2013.dk
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/eurovolley2013
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/eurovolley2013 #EuroVolley2013
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/eurovolleyball2013
• Buy tickets here: https://volleyball.www2.dk/