It is with great pleasure that the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men can announce that the Crown Prince of Denmark is patron of the championship in Denmark and Poland the 20th-29th of September.
Denmark and Poland are co-hosting VELUX EuroVolley2013. The preliminary pools are played in Herning and Odense in Denmark and Gdansk and Gdynia in Poland. The playoffs matches are played in Aarhus in Denmark and Gdansk in Poland, while the semi-finals, bronze medal match and Final are played in Copenhagen in Denmark.
The deciding matches in Copenhagen will take place in Parken Stadium, which extraordinarily will be transformed into a volleyball arena.
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik has, as patron for VELUX EuroVolley 2013, visited a training session with the Danish national team, where he heard more about the team’s preparations toward the European Championship on home soil. At the visit, the Crown Prince also had time to do some overhead passing with the Danish setter Axel Jacobsen, before his Royal Highness demonstrated great volleyball technique receiving a number of services from the national team’s service canon.
President of the Danish Volleyball Federation, Erik Jacobsen:
”It is with great pride for the Danish Volleyball Federation, that we can announce that his Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik is patron of CEV VELUX EuroVolley 2013. The championship in Denmark and Poland will without doubt be the biggest event Danish volleyball has ever faced. We hope that the Crown Prince with his patronage will get some good experiences with our fantastic sport during the championship and help create awareness about volleyball in the whole of Denmark and Europe.”
The historic Final Four Weekend in national football arena of Denmark, Parken, has this far attracted volleyball fans from more than 30 countries, some all the way from Australia, USA and Japan. The championship will be broadcasted in more than 100 countries.
Sport Event Denmark and the host cities; Aarhus, Herning, Odense, and Copenhagen are partners of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men, while VELUX is title sponsor of the championship.
Facts about the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men
• Denmark and Poland co-host the championship. Both countries have two preliminary pools with four nations in each. Semi-finals and the final are played in Denmark.
• It is the first time that both nations host a European Championship.
• The European Volleyball Championship takes place from the 20th of September to the 29th of September 2013.
• The arenas in Denmark are: Odense (Stadium Arena Fyn), Herning (Jyske Bank Boxen), Aarhus (NRGi Arena) and Copenhagen (Parken).
• The arenas in Poland are: Gdansk (Ergo Arena) and Gdynia (Sports Hall).
• VELUX is title sponsor of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men.
• The Danish partners for the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship are: Sport Event Denmark, Odense, Herning, Aarhus and Copenhagen.
• Serbia is defending European Champions.
• Russia is ruling Olympic Champions.
• Qualified countries: Denmark and Poland are qualified as host nations. Serbia, Italy, Russia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Belgium and Turkey.
• Web: www.eurovolley2013.dk
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/eurovolley2013
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/eurovolley2013 #EuroVolley2013
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/eurovolleyball2013
• Buy tickets here: https://volleyball.www2.dk/