Fans from more than 30 countries, e.g. USA, Australia and Japan, have bought tickets to the historic Final Four Weekend in Parken Stadium in Copenhagen. Here you can find out more about what some of the fans are looking forward to.
Shino Nagane travels all the way from Japan to follow the Serbian team:
“I like European volleyball. I especially like the Serbian team and volleyball players. That is why I started watching volleyball. I will continue to support the team. I am looking forward to watch the matches live in the Boxen venue in Herning. Until now, I have just been able to watch the matches on the Internet. I am also looking forward to a lot of sightseeing. I will definitely go to Kronborg Castle (known from Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’).”
Another fan, who travels a long distance, is Elena Zhurman from Australia. She will travel 16.000 kilometers to Denmark to see the legends play live:
“The European Championship is a special event in the World of Volleyball so I’m coming over to Denmark to enjoy the competition and to see the volleyball stars and legends playing live. Three European teams reached the London 2012 Olympic Games semis which really displays how strong European Volleyball is. I expect EuroVolley2013 to be a lot of fun and extremely enjoyable event with the atmosphere of sport and fair competition between the top European National Teams. I plan to find and visit some authentic restaurants in Copenhagen. I’m sure the food will be absolutely delicious! Also I’d like to visit the Tivoli Gardens, and if I’m lucky, take a photo of The Little Mermaid. Another place I’d love to visit is Nyhavn and if I still have some spare time just to walk around enjoying architecture of the city of Copenhagen.”
Maybe Shino and Elena will meet Erik Huisken from the Netherlands in Copenhagen:
“Every year we take a trip with a bunch of guys who used to play at the same volleyball team a few years ago. And this year we have the opportunity to combine a great city trip to Copenhagen with the finals of the European Championship. What could possibly be a better destination when you love sightseeing, culture, going out and of course volleyball?! And due to the importance of the games we hope there will be a great atmosphere in the Parken stadium. For one weekend, Copenhagen will be the center of volleyball and we don’t want to miss that party! And for the social aspect of the weekend we’re going to explore the restaurants and the city’s nightlife. You can’t visit Copenhagen without trying some famous Carlsberg.”
No doubt that the expectations are high among the fans coming to the capital of Denmark. Especially Eliette Riera from France expect a great VELUX EuroVolley2013:
“I was lucky enough to be in London for the Olympics last year, and even more lucky that I got tickets for volleyball games. The atmosphere, and being together with so many fans of the sport I’ve played and loved for many years, was the best thing of all! When I saw that the EuroVolley2013 final weekend was organized in such a way that it would not “just” be four games in two days, but also a lot of fun activities on the side, with fans from all around the world, I thought this could be this year’s Olympics. And I can’t even begin to imagine being in a city filled with volleyball fans from all around the world!”
VELUX EuroVolley 2013 is not only a party for the professional payers on the court. It is also a party for the fans – and why not use the great surroundings in Parken Stadium to celebrate yourself like Tomasz Walkiewicz from Poland does:
“I will have my 30th Birthday the same day as the final – the 29th of September. I am looking forward celebrating it in Parken together with many other fans in a fantastic atmosphere. I have never been to a volleyball match in football stadium before. I hope it will work out well. I want to visit Legoland and Copenhagen. I was there in 2007. The first place I will go will be Christiana (a Freetown neighborhood in Copenhagen). I would also like to visit Tivoli Park.”
See the VELUX EuroVolley 2013 Fan Map here and read all the interviews: http://eurovolley2013.dk/index.php/en/news/item/1039-eurovolley2013-fan-map
Facts about the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men
• Denmark and Poland co-host the championship. Both countries have two preliminary pools with four nations in each. Semi-finals and the final are played in Denmark.
• It is the first time that both nations host a European Championship.
• The European Volleyball Championship takes place from the 20th of September to the 29th of September 2013.
• The arenas in Denmark are: Odense (Stadium Arena Fyn), Herning (Jyske Bank Boxen), Aarhus (NRGi Arena) and Copenhagen (Parken).
• The arenas in Poland are: Gdansk (Ergo Arena) and Gdynia (Sports Hall).
• VELUX is title sponsor of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men.
• The Danish partners for the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship are: Sport Event Denmark, Odense, Herning, Aarhus and Copenhagen.
• Serbia is defending European Champions.
• Russia is ruling Olympic Champions.
• Qualified countries: Denmark and Poland are qualified as host nations. Serbia, Italy, Russia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Belgium and Turkey.
• Web: www.eurovolley2013.dk
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/eurovolley2013
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/eurovolley2013 #EuroVolley2013
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/eurovolleyball2013
• Buy tickets here: https://volleyball.www2.dk/