Christiansborg Slotsplads in the centre of the Danish capital, Copenhagen, is ready to be added to the list of iconic surroundings of World Archery Championships. It happens July 26 to August 2 2015. See the awesome 3D graphics of the venue for the final.
The biggest archery event of the year, the World Cup Finals, has just taken place in Lausanne, Switzerland. Now it is time to look forward to next year’s archery highlight: The 2015 World Archery Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Here awaits both archers and spectators some spectacular and historic surroundings, as the finals are staged in front of the Danish Parliament at Christiansborg Slotsplads in the heart of Copenhagen.
The world’s best archers will shoot for gold and glory, with the ruling World Champion and Danish Sport’s Name of the Year 2013, Maja Jager, in front. As an extra spice, it will also be the first chance for the archers to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics in Brazil.
Rolf Lind, President of the Danish Archery Federation, says:
“Many people still remember and talk about the World Cup Final in Newhaven in 2009. Now Copenhagen and Archery Denmark are ready to add Christianborg Slotsplads to the list of iconic places where the World Championships have taken place.”
Lars Lundov, Chief Executive of Sport Event Denmark, says:
”We almost have a tradition of staging archery events in the heart of Copenhagen with the city as a spectacular set. We did it with the World Cup Final in Newhaven in 2009, and we are going to do it again with the World Championships next year. We have just received some 3D graphics on how the setup for the finals venue in 2015 will look like and it looks promising for both the championship and the branding of Copenhagen and Denmark as a sports nation.”
Lars Vallentin, Business Development Manager of Wonderful Copenhagen, adds:
”It is fantastic that Copenhagen again is hosting the world elite of archers. Events like these does that Copenhagen stands out from the many other event cities. It illustrates the inclusiveness of the city and sets the surroundings for branding of Copenhagen on TV worldwide.”
The preliminary rounds of the 2015 World Archery Championships in Copenhagen will take place at the nearby Sundby Idrætspark on July 26-31.
Facts on the World Archery Championships:
– Held in Copenhagen from July 26 to August 2, finals shot from the 1-2 of August in front of the Danish Parliament
– The World Championships is held every second year.
– 500 archers from 75 countries are expected to participate
– The World Championships in Copenhagen are also the first chance for qualification to the Olympics held in Rio in 2016.
– Two bow types are used, Compound (50m) and recurve (70m).
– Following medals are given in both bow types: Individual shooting for men and women, Teams (3 shooters) men and women and Mix (2 shooters).
– The World Archery Championships are held by Archery Denmark, Sport Event Denmark, City of Copenhagen, (Region Hovedstaden) and Wonderful Copenhagen.
– The World Championships will amongst other be transmitted on Eurosport.