Denmark and Danish Handball Association, DHF, have chosen to promote the IHF Women’s Handball World Championship with a surprising colorful and artistic expression.
The slogan Heart of Handball is the same as it was for the Men’s Euro 2014 but the expressions and signage is a lot more colorful when it comes to the IHF Women’s Handball World Championship this December in Denmark.
Five players have been body painted and turned into beautiful, strong and aesthetic works of art that reflect many of the values that women’s handball also holds.
HeART of Handball
The pictures show at the same time female handball’s powerful and feminine sides. Handball elements are also taking center stage in the campaign.
“It was mega fun and different. It’s not something you’ve seen before, and I think the results are amazing. Now I just hope people will welcome the photos and the campaign,” says left back Anne Mette Hansen about the campaign that is also met by excitement with DHF president, Per Bertelsen.
“We are pleased to present the campaign and surprise, excite and entrain the Danish and international handball family,” says Per Bertelsen, president, DHF.
The campaign has just been launched, and the beautiful pictures are the pillars of the promotion of the IHF Women’s World Handball Championship 2015.
Facts on the campaign
– The artist is Monty Knowles from Bahamas
– The following players are portrayed: Louise Burgaard, Lotte Grigel, Anne Mette Hansen, Kristina Kristiansen and Trine Østergaard.
– Learn more about Monty Knowles: http://montyknowles.zenfolio.com/
Facts on IHF Women’s World Championships 2015
– 5th-20th December
– Danish Handball Association is organizing the IHF Women’s World Championship in close cooperation with the host cities and Sport Event Denmark.
– The host cities are Herning, Kolding, Næstved and Frederikshavn
– The slogan of the event is Heart of Handball
– Ticket sales begin on August 11.