On June29 the Tour de France Team Presentation will take place in Copenhagen, where the whole city will take part in celebrating the race and the teams. Tour fans will be able to experience their cycling heroes up close, when the teams ride a 1.5 km route through the heart of Copenhagen finishing in the world-famous amusement park, Tivoli where a TV broadcasted show with world-class entertainment will unfold. Free entrance tickets to Tivoli are available at www.letourcph.dk
Tour fans can start to get excited. The details of the team presentation are now entirely in place. Two days before the first stage begins in the heart of Copenhagen, the Danish Tour de France celebration kicks off throughout the city. 176 riders from the 22 teams will start in the streets of the World’s best cycling city Copenhagen and end up in the historical Tivoli Gardens – TV viewers from all over the world will follow the festivities.
“Today there is only one month until the Tour de France comes to Denmark – and I cannot wait! We will welcome the riders and the race with an epic team presentation here in Copenhagen and Tivoli. I also looking forward to showing the entire world how Danes and Copenhageners love cycling,” says Sophie Hæstorp Andersen, Lord Mayor of Copenhagen and Chairman of the Board of Grand Départ Copenhagen Denmark.
The team presentation starts at 5.45 pm in the streets of Copenhagen. Along the 1.5kilometer route, the public can see the riders up close. At the same time, there will be lots of activities along the route such as big screen events, which shows the live show from Tivoli. There will be activities throughout the city from 3 pm.
“We are very much looking forward to celebrate the Team Presentation here in the Tivoli Gardens. We will be welcoming both riders, international and Danish guests, when we open the gates to this great summer event on our Open Air Stage – Plænen,” says Tivoli’s CEO, Susanne Mørch Koch.
See all details for the team presentation, incl. overview map with all activities for the day at www.letourcph.dk/holdpraesentation Here you can also sign up for free entrance tickets to the live show in Tivoli.
From 6.30 pm, the teams will cycle from Axeltorv into Tivoli, where they are presented on stage one at a time on the Lawn in front of Tour fans. There will also be entertainment from one of Denmark’s most prominent international music names. The name will be announced later.
“Tour de France in Denmark is a dream coming true for us at TV 2. We have been broadcasting the Tour for more than 30 years, and therefore we are very excited to be involved in the tv-production of the Team Presentation in Copenhagen and Tivoli. We are really looking forward to producing the team presentation, which will both kick off the Danish Tour-fever, broadcast images of our beautiful capital to the whole world and show how much cycling and especially the Tour means to us Danes,” says TV 2’s Head of Sports, Frederik Lauesen.
- The team presentation in Copenhagen and Tivoli will take place on Wednesday 29 June from 5.45 pm to 8.10 pm. The Grand Depart Copenhagen Denmark hosts the team presentation in collaboration with the City of Copenhagen and TV 2.
- It is free to attend the Team Presentation in Copenhagen. Anyone can line up along the 1.5-kilometer-long, closed route in Copenhagen. The overview map for the route through Copenhagen to Tivoli can be found at letourcph.dk.
- Grand Départ Copenhagen Denmark also issues 10,000 free entrance tickets to the Team Presentation in Tivoli. If you do not receive a free entrance ticket, you can still come to Tivoli with a Tivoli card or a paid entrance. This requires a seat reservation via Tivoli.dk. The live show is also shown on several big screens around the city: Rådhuspladsen, Bryghuspladsen, and Kongens Nytorv – which everyone freely can participate in.
- Tivoli was founded in 1843 and is the world’s second-oldest amusement park. Tivoli is Denmark’s most visited tourist attraction.
- Grand Départ Copenhagen Denmark will be staged on 1-3. July 2022 and begins with a 13 km time trial in the world’s best cycling city Copenhagen. 2nd stage: 202 km from Roskilde to Nyborg and the 3rd stage with 182 km from Vejle to Sønderborg.
- The Grand Départ in Denmark is organized by a partnership established for this purpose, with the Ministry of Industry, the City of Copenhagen, Nyborg Municipality, Sønderborg Municipality, Vejle Municipality, and Roskilde Municipality as stakeholders. The Capital Region of Denmark, Region Zealand, the Region of Southern Denmark Sport Event Denmark contribute to the partnership.
- Follow news and all information about the Tour de France in Denmark on the website www.letourcph.dk and on social media: @letourdk on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram.